Prof. Plamen Tzvetkov, Ph.D.
Academic rank: Professor in Communication and Computer Networks and in Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Automation
Scientific and educational degree: PhD in Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Automation with specialty in Metrology and Metrological Assurance
Publications: scientific journal and periodicals papers – over 50; conference, and other scientific forums papers in reviewed proceedings – over 60; textbook and manuals – over 10; R&D projects, projects from operational programmes and international projects –30. The citations of the scientific publications are over 80, 20 of which by Scopus and Web of Science papers.
PhD students – 10, 4 of whom with defended PhD dissertations.
Membership in scientific juries for academic positions and scientific degrees – over 20.
Long-term membership in international organisation and programme committees for the following scientific events:
• International scientific symposium Metrology and Metrological Assurance
• International conference Automation
• International scientific conference Challenges in Higher Education and Research in the 21st Century
Areas of professional interests:
• Measurements in telecommunications
• Power supply in telecommunication systems
• System modelling and computer simulation
• Measurement and assessment of the safety of the electromagnetic fields of mobile and fixed wireless systems
• Quality assessment and control of the electrical energy provided to the final consumers
• Electrical measurement
• Metrology and metrological assurance
• Data acquisition systems
• Measurement of parameters of the environment
• Electrical safety
Hobby and free time occupation: fishing, tourism, travelling to interesting and exotic destinations and countries.
Building 2, Room 609
tel.: 02/8110 609